Friday, June 19, 2009

"Don't waste the water."

“Don’t waste the water.”
“I have paid for it.”
“But you didn’t pay for the Earth.”
So-called the good student, as he is given something many could only dream of back in our home. That’s how he answered me when I turned off the running tap. And that was where I began my morning, by asking what sort of mind is that.

“It is not right to climb the window.”
“But it is not written as a rule in the book.”
Here is another ‘lucky’ fellow, who completely ignored the common sense, or the 'hidden' rule. Well, people can always find loopholes easily. But still, it doesn't mean that one can just break the rules like that. As many are still wondering how they failed to get the ‘luckiness’, here there are many who act against those expectations from home.

People keep saying that, you don’t deserve anything if you didn’t put any effort on it. But still, I always question those results. I have seen too many examples, showing the other side of the results. I question myself too though, even now. Why am I chosen? What did they see in me? Surely they didn't realize one thing then, that I'm the one who always stand against them.

Ok, it is totally out of my world to question anything about that system or whatever it is. At least not now. It is a sensitive topic after all. I just wish that they make a better standard next time. Or shall I say, fairer and wiser?

As for those two conversations I had, at least I have played my role. To accept what I said or not, is on their own. Lack of common sense, is my conclusion in the end.

3 comments:

ns29 said...

sigh
my temper might just make me give these ppl a punch, which will never solve the problem

Kelly said...

Some people are like that,even if you try to knock common sense into them,it won't work unless they are willing to change their set of mind.

I too,question the saying with hard work you get results.Sometimes,putting in hard work doesn't mean you'll get the results you wanted.But I know for sure,without hard work,you will not get ANY result.

And,congrats in getting Toyohashi.Will see you around next year=)

Victor Lem said...

bla,I had roommates like that during my second year.(I was extremely unhappy about them) well, it's hard to find purified hearts these days :( take good care of yourself!