Saturday, August 02, 2008

Before my internship...

Lavender

Since I won't be going anywhere besides my internship in Hokkaido University, I followed my foster family here for a short trip around Hokkaido.

I have been to the 地獄谷 of 登別 before, but not this 大湯沼, which is 15-20minutes from the 地獄谷. According to the board that, the lake is about 1000 square meters in area, and as hot as 130℃ in the deepest part.

Well, that's 1000 square meters.

As hot as 130℃?

What is this place then? Does it look like a plantetarium?

Yes, the Sapporo Dome, where football or baseball match is held. It is also the home court for the Hokkaido Fighters Baseball Team. Anyway, It was my first time live baseball match!

The mascot for the Fighters Team - BB. He can really play baseball, not just wearing the costume and make fun over there.

The match happened to be on the same day as the fireworks festival of Sapporo. So, the stadium was not fully seated. May be someday I should go there again, and experience the atmosphere of a fully seated stadium.



Game started, and this was the best shot I could take, as I was sitting quite far from the main court. It was really a great moment. Cheering, shouting, singing with other supporters, even though I didn't know what they were singing actually.

Then, I was at 十勝, a place where agriculture is the main industry there. Mainly is cornfield. Picture above was taken on a hilltop. It is said that 十勝 has the widest plains in Japan.

And I could see some 'signs' from the cornfield. Alien Attacks? Nah, according to local farmers, it was the wind that damaged the cornfield. Then, How about those big signs appeared in Europe countries?

After 十勝, we went to 富良野. Yes, the place where lavender farms are famous of.


Here it is, the lavender farm.






Actually we didn't have enough time to go through every farm around 富良野. If not, I could have showed more pictures here. Well, I leave it to you guys to come and explore then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah....so envy you...it's so scenic there, i love the lavender field and others flowers,it is so nice =)

chang yuan said...

jia: i envy you guys in many ways too, like can go home once in a while, can take part in many activities, and can eat all those delicious food of malaysia anytime!

Kah Yee 嘉儿 said...

Chang Yuan, no need to envy anyone. God has His purpose for each and everyone of us.

Actually I'm almost the same as you, can only go back after the end of each semester. At times, I also envy my friends that can always go back as they want and having all the delicious food of West Malaysia anytime.

But I believe that God has His purpose for me. Though I'm now far from home, but I can experience another lifestyle which I never think of before. Time flies... One year means nothing and it will be soon come to the time you're coming back to Malaysia again.

Anonymous said...

ooo...
hokkaido...
i like it very much...
i hope tat i can visit there soon...
from a passer by...