Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to the starting point

Many friends keep asking me to write something in English so that others may as well read and leave some comments on it. Then, my brother too, always remind me not to lose my skills in English, especially when i am studying in a country where English is not commonly used.

Ok, i know that i have to pratice English as much as i can. But i just don't have the confident to write something in English. I hardly wrote anything in English for the past 2 years. Besides, i have never been able to write an essay in a very good flow...always full of grammar mistakes and lack of vocabulary. That is why until today, i din't dare to write anything in English yet.

But something crossed my mind today when i was taking my Japanese class. Yesterday i was asked to write an essay. Then, the teacher gave me a comment, saying that it is better to write a sentense in a shorter form: Simple and direct.

Ya, simple and direct...why can't i just write it simple and direct? I don't need so much colourful words to write something. I was thinking too much about how to write as good as i can. But the main point should be don't afraid to try, isn't it? Mistakes make perfect...am i saying the correct phrase?

Nevermind, at least i know what i need to do now. Back to the starting point, keep on practising, do it simple and direct. Life is liked that too, right? Be simple, be yourself, no need to think much about further add-on.

Let's start again from the beginning...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remembered I recomended you a Japanese drama called Dragon Sakura.
东大特训班,又名龙樱。
It says that to get pass the English exam for Tokyo University,let's make simple sentences...

Anonymous said...

en,i also want to practice my english
,although my english is not good from
the very beginning but have to keep learning...until can catch up those people.

calvin said...

i thought it should be 'practice makes perfect'?

but you've come out with another one: 'MISTAKES MAKES PERFECT'

You made a good point there though. Anyway, nice to see you coming out with some English post once in a while. :)