Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Who are they?

They are students. They chat when the teacher is teaching. No, they are not whispering. They are talking like normal.

They are students. They read comics and play games with their mobile phone when the teacher is teaching. And The teacher continues his lessons, likes nothing happened.

They are students. They fall asleep when the teacher is teaching. Mostly, they fall asleep in the afternoon, the best time to take a nap after having lessons for the whole morning.

They are students. They don't wear uniform. They wear as they are not students, with the fachion and stylish. But sorry, i didn't get attracted until now.

They are 18 years old. what do they chat? Of course, the usual teenage things. What do you expect? The globalization? The environmental problems? Or the Japanese views of history?

They are 18 years old. They like to play. But sometimes, they play without consideration for others. Just like when they talk, they hardly consider about others.

They are the teenagers. They might not know that every single food that they throw away can save a lot of lives every moment. Didn't they ever come across any news about the starving children all over the world?

They are the Japanese, the so-called not-so-friendly people. So they are, but fortunately not everyone is the same. The eldest one are more friendly, as i have received many goodness from them. Thank you.

So, who am i anyway?

I am almost 20 years old, who is a foreigner student from Malaysia. Ya, i am a student too. Yet, honestly, i didn't do anything like them. At least, i finish up my food everytime, not even a single rice is left. As i do know, they are many who couldn't get a single rice everyday. So, this is where the difference between they and me are.

And this might be the reason i feel that there is a gap between they and me. A gap which makes me lost the motion to get into them closer. I just feel more comfortable to be all by myself sometimes. I prefer to let it be, as i am tired to try giving my best to get closer to them. May be it is me who act as not-so-friendly...

There is a gap, but i feel nothing wrong, even though i didn't try to jump over the gap.

7 comments:

calvin said...

Age gap maybe? I think you are going through this because of the age gap kua. It's the same at my place as well. Most of them seems to act like they're still kids, right?

I know sometimes it's tiring trying to get into their 仲間. But then, just be yourself! You don't have to be someone else just to get into them. Time will tell...

Anonymous said...

让我想起这个
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ns29&article_id=5180963
It seems like we really care about the food matter...

Anonymous said...

至少你还做过点努力。我连这小丁点的努力都懒得付出。但还是习惯就好。虽然有时很寂寞,但幸亏这边认识个蒙古朋友。有想过明年拉个后辈来陪我。嘿嘿!

Anonymous said...

yeah...totally different from us,so-called advanced country people...student no like a student any more ,not simply the generation gap's problem.

t@ng_y1! said...

hihi! enjoy reading ur blog!
d japs r very tsumetai la! It's hard to get a true friend here.. but I juz think myself as a "orang jalanan"? Jz passing by n no one will notice my presence, I dun care wat they r thinking neither. Tat will feel much better..

http://sesshomaru2.multiply.com
my blog, check it out!

Anonymous said...

everything you wrote is so true. it's totally the same here in wakayama. you'd voice out everything single thing in my mind. wah! you can read my mind! hahaha...

ceddy said...

at last,english!! hahaha...i've been waiting this for like... ages?! haha... whatever,japanese are ok one la act... just that you gotta make the 1st move for most of the time..yea,that's true.. but,girls are ok what,right? haha..you knw what am i talkin.. :P they play psp,same la..my classmate also the same what..but it's good wat act...play together wit them la! haha..act i did once..haha..playin wit them wireless..ahaha.. a while only la...classes are too boring,like english...freaking bored man...haha.. chiow!