Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowboarding

My body is aching now. My neck, my back, my waist, my legs...all thanks to my first time snowboarding.

Well, overall, it was a great day. The weather was fine, with the sunny blue sky and no cold wind blowing. We set off early in the morning. There were 7 of us, and there were 4 beginners including myself. “Don’t worry, snowboarding is easy.” My friend kept saying the same thing. But I know myself very well. I don’t afraid of high, but speed! Sliding all the way down from the top with the high speed, could I handle it well?


This is the place then, the Snow Mountain. There were many people, though it was just the opening day of that ski field. There were some 5 or 6 years old kids too, who are more skillful than me. Can’t imagine when and how they learn to be so skillful. I guess they must have been through the same thing as me: aching body (?)

After some bit of lessons from my friends, “Ok, you are doing well, let’s start our day then!” we took the small cable car to the top of the hill. Well, seeing those people passing the ski run by relaxingly, I guessed it was not so difficult after all. Not until I reached the top, and saw the ski slope! Ok, no other ways to go down but to slide down. Let’s go!

This was my snowboard. I didn’t buy it. My Friend lent it to me. It was my only company through out the ski run. So, if you want to know how many times I had been tumbling all the way down, you better ask it then. I guess it was countless. I couldn’t help myself but felt embarrassing, especially when I was blocking other people way, or I couldn’t stop my speed and almost bumped into others.

It was an unforgettable moment though, watching the blue sky while lying on the snow after another tumbling. I did take my time to enjoy the white world around though, when I was sitting there, panting after another tumbling. Sounds like I was enjoying myself, right?

The second time and so on, I think I was getting better, even though I tumbled again and again. At least the time I took to go down from the top was getting shorter in the end. That was a good sign. However I won’t dare to say that I am now good in snowboard. I’m pretty sure that I will get tumbling again the next time. Oh, I could feel the pain of tumbling though I was just thinking about it. It was freaking painful! Ok, may be it is because I am not so tough actually, ha!

Smile from your heart everyday at least one time. I did it, though my body was shouting for tiredness, and aching had taken over my body already...
P/S: the snowboard i was holding in the last photo, is belonged to my friend.
"How much is it?"
"10......"
"Ok. May I take a photo with this?"
"As you wished...."
So, the one that i was holding, don't play play oh!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

お疲れ。。rest well lar..

calvin said...

there always be a first time in everything you do. i guess your had really enjoyed yourself, don't you? tumbling all over is just a common thing. there won't be any fun if you don't fall when snow boarding =)

Anonymous said...

dunno how many time wil i tumble when my ski trip during my kouryuukai......