Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fond memories of childhood - Kamen Rider

“Hey, it is Kamen Rider, with the old generation one!”
“Walao, how many years since I last watched this?”
“Must have been more than 10 years, when we were still kid at that time.”
“Ya, it is such a fond memories.”
“Look, it is RX, Super, V3 and others. RX can transform to 2 types of power, right?”
“One is fire, with the super cool gun power, and another is water, which can change him into some sort of liquid.”
“That’s right! And there is an America version for RX, but not as interesting as Japan original version.”
“Well, I didn’t follow the latest one already; I don’t really like the way they changed the story and the character. Now, it seems to be a bit childish......”
“May be it is because you have grown up. Anyway, let’s rent these, I want to find back those old days' memories.”

Well, there was where I got the idea to write this thing. I was 5 or 6 years old, when I first met the Kamen Rider. I could still remember those actions, storylines and how my cousins and I tried their famous flying kick in front of my grandmother house. The result, no bad guy was lying on the floor but we ended up scolding by our elders. It is a professional stunt after all; they used wire to hang the actors. But all we had was just a table to jump down.


The first(left) and second(right) generation of Kamen Rider. But I didn’t watch much about them.

It was these two, The Black and The RX that killed much of my childhood time. I could still remember how they swing their hands to perform the transform into Kamen Rider.

If my memories serve me well, I did watch this episode before, but just couldn’t remember how 4 of them showed up in the same time.

Every rider has a motorcycle, this is The Black’s one.

Another motorcycle of The Black. This one is special as it has a mode that can build a roof to cover the rider like a car.

The only four wheels which is belonged to The RX.

And this is the flying kick which I mentioned above. Usually, it is the final strike to beat up the bad guy.
In the process of transforming, with the grasshopper head in the first stage. How did the Japanese come out with the idea of grasshopper hero?

Bad guy? No, he is one of the Kamen Rider too. He is called Kamen Rider Amazon(according to the source from internet). He might be the only one without human look after the transform.

Kamen Rider Super, I particularly remember him, as he has a sort of remove control on his left arm, which helps him control many things, including his motorcycle.
The last Kamen Rider I have seen on TV. After him, everything has changed, and I am kid no more......

One of the best scenes is where 10 of the classic Kamen Riders showed up in the same time. However, it is hard to find back those movies and series. And what’s more is, watching them fighting the bad guys, reminds me somehow or other, that the world needs these heroes. They can help us, and protect us, from the ‘monsters’ that leave us peace no more every now and then.
“Hey, stop dreaming lah, there is no such thing as superheroes!”
“No harm done dreaming what......”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

know what..
it is a strange feeling to read this while listening to we are one..
:)

Wei Haun said...

I can't believe that I still remember all those sense u mentioned. hahaha.
You also can't believe I actually love to watch all these during my childhood.

ceddy said...

懐かしい!!オレも見てたよ...

Wee Kien said...

dunno why ,actually i was not that into it when i was kid..haha.....
love the song in ur blog nw. every peaceful when listening to it.

Anonymous said...

me love the black one~
satria baja hitam~!

Anonymous said...

haha, last semester i watched all the episodes of kamen rider black RX in my room. It is really nice, is just that, when you grow up, you don't seems to believe the things happened to rider. anyway, the name of the car is rydon.

sychin said...

You know what , after reading the post , i watched kamen raider RX and i can`t believe that i still remember the transformation action. When i was a child, i made a base under my bed and i act like kamen raider to safe the world.
懐かしい!