Sunday, June 10, 2007

Walking Through Memories

I don’t know why, but I kept walking into my past recently. Well, it is not a big matter for doing so. But, I wonder what makes me so keen on walking into the past, especially when I was in the class, where I am supposed to pay attention to the teacher. Ok, may be I was doing it to make myself awaked, as you know, it is very easy to get sleepy in the class.

But, is that so? Thinking back just to get rid of the sleepy mood?

When someone misses another person, he or she will wish to meet the person right away. Then, what if he or she couldn’t meet the person right away? Well, as a Chinese saying goes, 睹物思人(du wu si ren), which means one may think of someone by seeing something related to him or her. No, I am not talking out of topic. What I want to say is, “I miss them, but I can’t do anything, not even睹物思人. So, I have to walk back, and see them again.”

I miss my family, my home. May God bless them!
I miss my friends. I think I can’t find anyone who can be as close as them here.
I miss the Malaysia food, especially the homemade one. Not forgetting the nasi lemak, roti canai, etc.
I miss the activities I had before. Debate, student reporter, camping, organizing……
I miss Malaysia, my country, with the people and the beauty. No matter what, I will go back.

Now, I can just go through them again with my memories. I got myself impressed by all the moments, especially the time when I did stupid things, ha! How good it will be if we could go back and experience them again. However, past is past. Past can just be a great treasure for us, so that we could learn from the past.

I won’t dare to put myself too much into the past. Though it is a great time to dream back the old days, our path is beyond. Yes, don’t let yourself regret one day for not making good use of our life before.

Oh, am I crapping? Well, it is just some feeling I wish to let out.

“人生的意义是什么我不知道。我只知道,我得把每一天都过得充实,有价值。”
I don’t know the meaning of life. But I do know, I have to live my life worthy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking back sometimes make you realise something new.
Thats why I like to think back.
As for sleepy mood,I feel that everytime I think,my brain will become tired,and the same thing will happen too.
Just that it happens in nice way,just imagine,you fall asleep in sweet memory.It is somehow better that fall asleep in teachers' speech,isn't it?

睹物思人is not good for me,cause I dont want to let myself miss someone or something too much.
Instead of saying that I don't miss them,I think it's more suitable to say that I don't want to let myself miss them.

让生活过得充实,对我来说就是读书不需要为考试,而是只为了增进知识.
但这不可能实现,所以只好以另一种方式让自己觉得很充实而以.
例如,不停反省自己?

Anonymous said...

Memories are always sweet. And sometimes i oso like to recall my past. But just dun get urself too much in the old memories until u regret about the choice u have made. For me , i oso dunno wat the meaning of life. But as long as u got ur frens n family. Life is always beautiful n meaningful.

Anonymous said...

en...i don't dare to let myself fall into past,cause i am doing it so.whatever...miss someone maybe not feeling well but it's sweet cause you have someone to miss.yeah...life is always meaningful,at least you're breathing.

calvin said...

Past memories are the past. You can never return to a particular point in the past. Having said that, it's from the past that we learn from our mistakes.

Reminiscing past memories can be sweet or sour, depending on how we look at it. I also do think back once in a while. Sometimes, you'll just feel how silly that you did a particular thing when you were small. It could also make you regret on a decision you made in the past. That's life.

I do agree that sometimes even a simple thing or word will remind us of someone. I've got that experience too :)

I'm missing someone now...

Sorry la for commenting on to long on this post. I guess I've been in my own dreamland ady :P

calvin said...

The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now.

Bill Cosby

Anonymous said...

Thinking of the past is a good way of treasuring and appreciate your memories. But don't get too emo, it might affect your rationality, haha!

Anonymous said...

想念是好事,因为想念所以会珍惜 ^_^

欣柔