Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Short Trip Part 1 - 旭岳大雪山

大雪山 is located about 3 hours from 札幌, and it is the first national park of Japan. Since my school was closed for a few days after the exam period, we planned for a short trip and set our target on that place.

One has to use the cable car to go up to a point of the mountain, before walking around the other area. Above is what I saw from the cable car. I just love this picture.

We did read from the news that the place is already covered by early snow, but we didn't expect it to be such a great scence! Everywhere is just white, and white.

Never did I expect It to snow heavily at that time too.

Ok, other visitors seemed to be well-equiped, with the thick winter clothes.

And here I am, shivering in cold, feeling nothing from my frozen feet......no, I am not complaining about the coldness. We enjoyed it instead.

And doing things like lying on the white snowy powder. I had to ask my friend to give me a hand when I tried to get up though.

Does this look like a Chinese landscape painting. It is indeed a masterpiece then, just that I don't have the skill and the camera to capture it better.

Where amazing happens? The only green I found there, with some dewdrops.


Nature does keep giving us suprise, doesn't She?

Well, I went to 富良野 again after that, as we were actually following a local tour. Never thought that I would go there again, but then see what I got here.


The lavender farm! But end of season already...... Stay tuned for my part two of short trip then.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful.... ^-^

Victor Lem said...

hey dude... I really need to visit you in Japan sometime in future... saving money for that

Anonymous said...

nice scenery ^___^

Anonymous said...

初めてここにワンインに出会えた。
いいね、粉雪。スキーやりてなぁ・・・

Anonymous said...

hokkaidou...
maybe later..
haha..

calvin said...

snowing in october?
this can't be true o.O