Saturday, August 25, 2007

原爆


For me, there is only one place in Japan which I must visit. It is not the Disney Land. Neither is the Tokyo city.

It is the Hiroshima city. Or I should say in more specific, the Hiroshima Peace Park. I don’t think I need to explain more about this park. The one, who knows about World War 2, will never miss up Hiroshima. And the park is dedicated to the legacy of Hiroshima as the first city in the world to suffer a nuclear attack. I always wish that I could be there and see all those memorials. But it seems liked in the mean time, I don’t have such chances.

However, we went to meet the mayor of Hakodate city together with those Thai and Laos students. After the meeting, we spent some time at the small exhibition about the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. And then, I was standing motionless. I was stung by the photographs, the reports, the comments, and whatever shown. It was too hard for me to take it. May be I should say, everyone won’t be able to stay calm in front of those pictures. I couldn’t help myself but just grabbing my hands tightly.


It was just a small exhibition. Yet, I couldn’t help myself. What if I visit the park and the memorials someday, can I stay calm? I am wondering now. But yet I will sure get myself to Hiroshima someday. I want to see it with my eyes. ‘REST IN PEACE, FOR THIS MISTAKE WILL NOT BE REPEATED’

祈求,世界和平。

2 comments:

calvin said...

i have been to hiroshima last week. look out for my post later. that place is really an eye opener to me.

Anonymous said...

I had watched a video about Hiroshima's bombed event recently at school. How many lifes were sacrificed in just a few seconds? n hw much side effects were left to them?? I do believe i would hv the same feelings with u if seeing tat exhibition.