Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fireworks

Ever since I know that a single firework costs a lot of money, I never really enjoyed seeing fireworks. Every time there is a fireworks display, others will get excited and can’t wait to see it. But for me, I can just accompany them, and think about how much money have been spent, how many things can be done by the spent money, while I put up my head to see those fireworks. Rural poverty, children having not enough food…and the fireworks just burn it all in a moment.

Then that day, I asked my teacher about this. Well, the Japanese have been doing fireworks display since 100 years ago, during the summer season. And according to my teacher, the money for the fireworks is from the people itself. It is the tax that they have paid. So, for them it is not a big matter to spend on it by displaying fireworks. Instead, it is also a time for every member of the society to be together in a harmony event. By the way, only then I know that actually fireworks won’t bring much harm on the air.

But he didn’t really answer my question about using the money in other ways instead of fireworks. As I turned my eyes back to the fireworks, no doubt they were indeed beautiful. The explosion was so big as it beat my heart strongly. I was thinking that it might wake up my sleeping motivator. But yet, what I was thinking, what I am still thinking, is the other ways to use the money. Sorry for being the one who couldn’t enjoy fireworks like you all.

No comments: