Wednesday, October 10, 2007

秋だ

The weather was said to be a bit weird compare to last few years. And, I just didn’t get the feeling that it is autumn now. It should be very cold already by September, said my senior. Every single sign of autumn coming is late this year, said one of my teacher. Blame it to global warming, which is my respond.

But finally, I could say it loud and clear, that it is really the season of autumn now! It might be a bit late, but the coldness has arrived. The last time I murmured for coldness is already half year ago. So, it seems like an old friend coming back. However, that is not the main point for me to assure of autumn. It is the red leaves. 紅葉.



It is said that the best place for autumn is 京都. Unfortunately, I don’t have holidays for that. But I joined a local tour going for 紅葉sightseeing last Monday. The destination was ニセコ(niseko). It was a one day trip, including a lunch, which was eat as much sushi as you can in 40 minutes. Well, 40 minutes were a bit short actually, and there was not much variety. Yet, I managed to eat until 13 plates of sushi, haha!

Below are some pictures I took during the trip. I was really amazed by the beauty of Mother Nature. Though some were still green in color, one just couldn’t complaint much about it. The bus took us up to the mountain area, and then we followed the path as below to reach the 神仙沼. Sorry as I am not very good in English, so I don’t know how to describe what I saw, and what I felt when I was there. So just let the pictures do the talking then.









神仙沼



After神仙沼, we went to洞爺湖, and 昭和新山, which is actually a volcano. We had to buy the ropeway ticket ourselves. But we were given not much time up there. So we were liked rushing with time, making sure that we didn’t miss any thing up there. And the sight from the top of the hill, again, I gave up but let the pictures do the talking.

昭和新山, where you could still see the smokes coming out.



We had to run up to the hill as there was not enough time for us.

The view from the top of the hill. Great, isn't it?


Like i said, there was not much time for me to study more about this volcano. If I am not mistaken, the last time this volcano exploded is 2000.

洞爺湖


Just hope that one day, I could visit those places again. Free with my own time, and enjoy the very moment with Mother Nature. 北海道, still a bunch of places are waiting for me. ニセコ, surely is just a starting point.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like really in calm and good mood huh..

Anonymous said...

wa...so impressed with such sceneries...if really got chance,i want to go hokkaidou.haha...

Kah Yee 嘉儿 said...

Wow, so nice to read your blog... Really enjoy. Take care ya, my dear bro.

Wee Kien said...

So fast can see moumij there.Dunno when can i go to hokkaidou........

Kelly said...

Really beautiful.Given the chance,I would like to visit Hokkaido again..Read the newspaper that today Hokkaido has it's first snowfall..

By the way,last year was way hotter during this time.This year pretty fast d..

suiluipau said...

gorgeous!too bad this season is just a short one,
according to mostly everyone,since this summer was real hot,winter will be super cold,
im already suffering now ,dont know how to go through winter,

懿颦 said...

看到美景,美景当然唯美;看到你,你却依然俏瘦。可是,你的脸上,写满了旅游的快活。真的,你做到,单纯的游走各地。